Friday, March 11, 2005

Black Sabbath...

...absolutely ROCKS!
There now that we have established that beyond any tiny shred of doubt let me get to why I am making this blog.
I was listening to 'War Pigs' on yahoo after a long time and the song rocked me so much that out of enthu I mailed zubin saying the usual stuff like "BS rocks.....iommi is gaawd". Zubin then emailed me another song "Solitude" with a strong review and asking me to check it out. I was so blown away that I wrote him another mail with its 'review' and he liked it so much that I thought I might as well put it up here (after a lil refining and omission of bad words :D).

The song Solitude is so different from the usual Sabbath songs that I am used to. The entire song has a very melancholy feel to it. Normally when a band writes a senti song the vocals and the lyrics give out the sentiness much more than the other instruments. But in "solitude" you can feel every single sound dripping of emotion. Ozzy's vocals, the eerie bassline, the perfect use of cymbals, rhythm guitar and the flute are perfection put in a song. And just when you think you have reached the highest state that this song can possibly take you to, the genius of iommi comes in with his lick and takes you higher! Bliss!!

3 comments:

Audiophile said...

War Pigs kicks ass . listen to the Faith No More cover of war pigs. that one rocks too.

Audiophile said...

and dude.. its a BASSline.. not a baseline :p

Roman said...

Hey Sridhar...Thanx for the correction ;) Will change it right now...am actually quite embarrassed...always thought I was one of those guys who dont make these kind of mistakes! :( But I guess...
(one cliche coming right up)
To err is human!
And will try and get my hands on the Faith No More version...If I am not wrong its prolly on the NIB album. If u have the song and dont mind emailing it to me that would be so awesome! TIA!