Thursday, June 02, 2005

Slpeling...

...I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The pweor of the hmuan mnid is phaonmneal. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tnhig is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sltil raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the hmaun mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas tghouht slpeling was ipmorantt.

I do check for spelling errors in my post duh...(re: comments for "Hey!Teacher") But this is an illustration of why I probably didnt notice that I had misspelt "Poems" as "Peoms". (Were there more errors???) I know this is a very common forward but it makes for a nice read for a small population of those who actually havent come across this!

5 comments:

Golu said...

ro nice follow up...however I do believe that I have seen the first para elsewhere!

Panda said...

ro I think the length of the words is also important..if u change the length our brain doesnt recognise the word..

Karthik said...

OK a year of being InsIghT Ed does this to you, I am sorry.

You wrote "an year ago"

It is a year ago

You wrote "over my head that I had think of something to do to kill the remaining time."

It is "had to think" :P

I AM NOT DOING THIS TO PAIN YOU in case some1 reads this and thinks what a snooty bastard :) I am posting only cos u asked

Roman said...

Snooty bastard duh! :P
Thanx for the comments...my english teacher would be ashamed of me that I made the 'a/an year' mistake.
I do agree that errors like these in any reading material give a slightly bad impression...so do let me know abt erros in the future also..but via personal email ;)

Karthik said...

It is not "erros" it is "errors"

OK I couldn't resist.

Why do I have the feeling that 10 people are going to pounce on me when I make a spelling mistake :D

K