Wednesday, June 01, 2005

"Hey! Teacher"

"Poems Everyone" said he in ridicule,
Made the kid feel like a fool.
For great was his strife,
His Mother controlled his life.
He was filled with bitterness and pain,
He took it out by using the cane.
The kid just wanted to scream,
Instead with his friends he chose to dream.
In it, they threw him in a fireball,
While singing, "Another brick in the wall"!

I stumbled across this on a piece of paper in my "Fibre Optics Communication" notes when I was looking for something else. I had written this about a year ago in one of those F.O.C lectures when Shevy would go so over my head that I had to think of something to do to kill the remaining time. I remember Subbu liking this. I then showed it to Duh and he wrote a review below saying that he was practising "critical analysis of literature" for his Lit. course. Duh bastard had this to say:

"7/10. Message is nice. But the incessant use of rhyme makes it seem childish. Not in keeping with the theme of the poem. The play on "his strife" and "his mother" which seems to be about the kid but becomes the teacher is the highest poetic touch in the poem"

Bluddy daawg duh! :)
Shevy, F.O.C and Priya Lunch Home rocked!

5 comments:

Golu said...

actually i think i really like the poem :D...but wtf in shevy's class did u write that ?

Roman said...

Thanx mate...:)
I like it too...and like I said, Shevy is God and sometimes u simply dont understand God ;)

Pavan said...

abe tht was a cracku poem!! all in all we are just another brick in the wall!

G

Karthik said...

LOL

Nice memories. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my review was :) Not in keeping with the tone of the person :P :)

Word of advice Ro, spell check your posts. Somehow spelling errors really dont look good on blogs.

My crib for the day :)

BTW i blogged :)

K

Anonymous said...

FOCing was fun...:)..I still remembering hiding away from Shevy after every class..that was life! and obviously priya lunch home..:)..jaane kaha gaye woh din now i eat useless pizza everyday ...:(..