Friday, November 26, 2004

Its Thanksgiving time...

...here in the USA and for the Americans its a time for getting together with their families and doing loads of shopping. For me it was strictly the later! I learnt that almost every store has a post-thanksgiving sale where they slash the prices by more than half with the catch that this sale happens only on the day after thanksgiving and that too for just 5 hrs...from 6 am to 11am! What a cruel marketing stratergy...considering that temps hang arnd zero deg. celcius in the mornings here! Those Blood Sucking Leaches! Still I was not going to let the system beat me! Me and a roomie (who agreed to accompany me...cuz he desperately wanted to buy a hometheatre system cheaply) got up at 6am, padded ourselves with 3-4 layers of clothing and made our way to the local Walmart on foot! As per the tradition here, the previous night we had made a visit to Walmart and drew out a mental map of the aisles that held our coveted goods. S0 once we got there we wasted no time and waded through jam-packed aisles and found our booty comfortably. I returned a satisfied shopper and a proud owner of new sox, sweaters and a tee-shirt!
My watch said 8 by the time we got home!...We decided there was still some time to take advantage of and off we went (walking again :( in the chilly breeze) to the local JCPenny...and heres where I found the motivation for making this blog!
I found a SOUTHPARK tee :)
I ve been vainly hunting for a southpark teeshirt for a while now (in Bombay) and was glad when I finally came across one! Its a tee frm the episode "Lil Crime Stoppers" which shows
Cartman in a cop's attire and the words "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY" written beneath :D All this might seem very hollow to neone who is not a Southpark fan. But if u belong to the other half of the world which absolutely loves Southpark ull know what Im talking abt! That episode is one of the funniest Ive seen! Was so elated...ended by buying another sweater here for no reason! Needless to say..I returned home a happy man! I wonder if women feel satisfication something along these lines when they shop. I have gottobe careful! ;)

2 comments:

Karthik said...

Neat man!! South Park tee and all. Awesome.

Ashleigh said...

I have a similar tee... unless you dig wearing chick clothes- cause then we might be twins :D
And most of the time satisfaction is a little harder to come across- there's just the giggly delight of saying- 'yep- that'll fit' that makes shopping the "experience" that it is ;D