Monday, June 30, 2008

Close Call

Conversation I had two days ago (almost verbatim)

My phone rings while I am out buying groceries:

Person: Hi, This is Jenna from 1-800-contacts. Is this Ro-heat Sum-meat-ta?
Me: Yes this is Rohit.
Person: Hi Mr.Summeatta, we are calling to let you know that we got your online order for contact lenses. However, we could not verify the prescription with your doctor as the brand names do not match.
Me: Oh ok. Maybe I could just call my doctor and sort it out. Will that work?
Person: Yes sure. Just give us a call back when you fix this.
Me: Ok, since I have you on the phone, could you give me my doctor's phone number so that I can call him right away?
Person: Sure. It is xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Me: Ok thanks. I'll call him right away. Can you give me your...hmmm....I can just call 1-800 contacts once I get this fixed right?
Person: Yes you idiot. You almost defeated the whole point of us naming our company 1-800-contacts, you fricking moron!!!

She should have said that!
She just said yes!
But Im sure she thought it!

3 comments:

Golu said...

or rather...thats what she said

Anonymous said...

you should have added the phone number to your contacts

Roman said...

Anon: Great idea. That way, I wont drop any.