Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thought Collage: Season 1, Episode 5

(From SouthPark)
Mr. Garrison: Let's start the day with a few new math problems -- what is five times two? Yes...Clyde?
Clyde: Twelve.
Mr. Garrison: Okay. Now let's try and get an answer from somebody who is not a complete retard.
-----------------------------------------------------
So as of now I feel a little stupid as I am in waist-deep academic shit and am in the process of the trying hard to stay afloat. That being said, don’t be fooled into thinking that I am working day in and day out......unless of course you are my advisor (in which case...I AM working day in and day out professor!)

In order to do some damage control to my dwindling readership I managed to salvage some thoughts and a simple video in the hopes that this will bring some credibility to my site-meter statistics. Please feel free to come back and reread this post as many times as you want to :P
Lets see what have we got this time...

---------------------------
The World Cup: Some paragraphs
1) First of all...I am very glad the WC is over. No more guilt-filled escapades from work in the mornings and afternoons to watch the games. This just means I can attain my peace of mind again and get back to doing all the work that I’ve been avoiding and procrastinating. (All lies...Professor…all lies...don’t believe any of them)

2) Then there’s the usual stuff that I file into the category of ‘highly-subjective-and-evanescent-topics’...stuff which everyone feels like talking about from his/her POV and feels is right but after a week or two nobody gives a damn...stuff like Did Italy deserve to win?...Was Zidane’s head-butt unwarranted?...Shud Materazzi have been fined too?...so on. I am no expert in football so I won’t even bother indulging in these things...except maybe say..."Oh...the places I would have gone If I looked like Ballack :P ”!!!!

3) Finally, I see the reports everywhere as 'Italy beats France on penalty shoot outs (5-3)' and I feel like yelling...”Duuuuuuuuuuuuudes, France didn’t even get to take its final penalty...so its inaccurate to say 5-3.” I know these things don’t go on record and moreover, France wouldn’t care if it lost 5-3 or 5-4 but still, there is a certain inaccuracy in such a report and it bothers me a little!

---------------------------
The Bible preacher: And how I pissed him off
Now I live in Mississippi...which is in the so called ‘Bible-belt’ of the USA. And it is not at all uncommon to sometimes find yourself trapped in a conversation with people (who I won’t be surprised to find, target unsuspecting internationals) who talk about the virtues of following Jesus etc etc. I’ve had quite a few friends who’ve been in such situations. It’s not like I want to convert or anything but I’ve always wanted to talk to these preachers only to see what they have to say and piss them off with my religious arrogance. And for some reason such an experience always eluded me...until last Friday. I was sitting on a bench outside when this middle-aged guy walked up to me and said, “I am very happy today”. I kid you not, my first thought was, “WTF...Did he have an orgy last night or what?...Even so, why does he have to show off to random people...Oh wait, I would brag about such a thing too to random people :P” But the next thing he said was “That’s cuz I have Jesus in me”.
“Bingo!”...I thought!
He then proceeded to inquire about my religion and if I believed in heaven and hell and if I wanted to feel the love of God et cetera et cetera. I listened to him carefully and started pointing out with a pragmatic line of reasoning as to why I didn’t want to do whatever he wanted me to do. His every sentence had ‘lord’ and ‘God’ in it and my every response started with “But...” and had words like ‘common sense’ and ‘sanity’. I know this makes me sound conceited but I really believe in everything I said that day. Anyway, the result of the conversation was that I successfully pissed him off.
Strike one was when at one point he called me ignorant for not knowing the right ways of God. I retaliated by calling him an extremist who lets religion control his life too much. This ticked him off a lot.
Then later, he offered to pray for a blessing for my successful graduation and I politely declined it. (I really was polite :)). To make a point or save face or whatever he asked me how I would feel if he prayed for a curse for me. I told him it wouldn’t make the slightest difference to me and he could do as he pleased. That was strike two.
Strike three was when he offered to give me his phone number in case I was interested in getting together for one of his group meetings with other students. I again politely told him that I did not want his phone number because there wasn’t the slightest chance that I would be interested in such a thing at all. At this point he simply bid me goodbye and left.

In retrospect, I now have a slight amount of ‘winner’s guilt’. Maybe there wasn’t any need to engage him in conversation in the first place if I had made up my mind to be hostile. Whatever it is, I can never fathom the need to proselytize and in my opinion it is the one of the shadiest things people can do!

---------------------------
Movie Reviews: You know you want it
I realized I really went a little overboard with my last post reviewing RHCP and all...so Ill try and compensate here with as little info as possible...

1) Superman Returns
Brandon Routh...surprisingly good.
Kevin Spacey...pretty good.
Kate Bosworth...both good and cute.
Movie...watchable once!

2) Pirates Part 2
Keira Knightley...Yummmmy!
Keira Knightley...Yummmmy!
Keira Knightley...Yummmmy!
Keira Knightley...Yummmmy!
Keira Knightley...Yummmmy!
Movie...who cares? Keira Knightley...Yummmmy!

---------------------------
Fractal Collage: Cuz only blog-ninjas can pull off such stunts
-->Did you know that Debra Messing (Grace from ‘Will and Grace’) named her son Roman. Cool eh? Ok...maybe not so much but at least it’s better than some other weird ass ones!! I mean its one thing to publicly acknowledge the fact that you are a superman fan but naming your son Kal-El is taking it too far Mr.Cage. Imagine how his friends will rip him apart when he grows older.
-->Starbucks wont make my hot chocolate any hotter that their set temperature. They fear being sued apparently. So I have to make do with lukewarm chocolate probably because of some fucker who was stupid enough to not know how to sip on a hot beverage and got his tongue burnt and then decided to sue Starbucks to make a quick buck!!
--> If you think you don’t have to stop completely at the stop signs only because you are riding a slow moving bicycle then you are wrong. If a cop catches you doing it he will definitely pull up right alongside you and give a stern warning making you feel like an idiot. I just know.

---------------------------
The video: Straight from Roman Entertainment Inc. HQs
This is a video of me (on the left playing the rhythm on acoustic) along with my friend Avinash (on the right playing the leads on the electric) trying to capture the essence of the hindi song “Kya Maloom” by this awesome Indian band called ‘Indian Ocean’. We only play the first 3 or 4 minutes…the actual song speeds up immensely after that. I strongly recommend listening to the original song. I screwed up (as usual :() in a few places but hopefully that doesn’t ruin the song much.




---------------------------
Right......I know this post does not and will not have the same magnetic effect on the blog’s readership that Mandira Bedi had on the Indian viewership when she wore ‘that’ outfit during the cricket world cup in ‘03. But hey...I don’t cross-dress and I have to try!
So until later...keep it complex! :P

29 comments:

Golu said...

Ro ... I think the lack of blogging has totally fucked up your taste of movies. Kate Bosworth good ??? Brandon dude good ??? WTF ?????? The movie sucks shit man. It is not watchable. Tell me what is good about the movie...one good thing ?????


As for Pirates, the movie was ok as in not as bad as Super-fuckall-man. The first one hour was ok, but then they really stretched it. Johny Deppy was quite good as expected

Hitchcock said...

@ro..seriously dude..get ur balls checked.. superman was watchable aa? i watched it anuko..but dont make other people go thru hell u ass! :) and dude.. i waited all those 3:47 to see..if ud go topless and throw ur shirt or some random shit like that..u disappoint me!!! whatever happened to ur joyous self???
and why do "YOU" of all people have to talk abt WC??? :D (that was gen bullshitting)
tch tch abt the bible preacher!
@golu- spot on dude! i agree.. and the movie dragged so much..i slept for 15-20 mins...inspite of being there with a babe (had to take that dig..for both u losers..hahaha)..and nothing changed!! :)

kray said...

agree with golu on the stretchy bit :( but with barb back, 3 might just get really interesting :D i hope i didnt give too much away :P

Golu said...

actually funnily anurag...both superman and pirates...i watched while sitting between 2 babes (who I had gone along with , incase u start doubting). So I think ur attempt failed :D

Roman said...

Golu...Hmmm I dont know what is very good in the movie. You are right...there's nothing extraordinary. But I dont think it sucks balls as much as everyone is making it seem. That's all.

Pirates also wasn't grrr8...it was just ok...like I said, both these are watchable once definitely.

Anurag...Fuck off...I will talk about the WC if I want to, you condescending bastard! :P
Hmm actually I cant play the guitar while jumping around, so thats why you dont see my "joyous" self. Ill someday make such a video...but maybe after a lot more practice.
had to take that dig..for both u losers..hahaha)..
HATER!

Kray...Funny thing is I dont remember what the hell had happened to him at the end of 1st. Wasnt really surprised to see him anyway.

Golu...Et tu!
I thought we were permanant members of the loser club! Now you've ditched me!
HATER!!

Hitchcock said...

define babes!! and define ur relationship with them- friends? sisters? friends' girlfriends'? profs wives? :D.. or did u pay them to come watch the movie with u??
my guess would be the last one :P
if not..teri gaddi to nikal padhi boss.. :))

ro man.. me coming into the loser club.. enough of this silly women business. :)

Ren said...

Keira Knightley... Yum.

Aswin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roman said...

Anurag...harsh! I wonder what golu has to say? :)

Labbie...you can say that again. And again. And again.

Aswin...thanks :) lets see how successful my revival turns out to be. Yeah...Texas also falls in the 'Bible Belt' I guess!

Golu said...

Erm no Anurag..they were friends :D

kray said...

he got un-undead'ified.. and then got shot with that last shot in cap'n jack's gun no!

Hitchcock said...

golu...gurrrrlllllfrrriends aa?? tu bhi gayaa!! abhi paise ki waat lagegi!! hehe

Roman said...

Golu and Anurag...I know for a fact they arent golu's girlfriends. So he doesnt have to worry about paise ki waat...if anything he is a smooth talking bastard who gets them to treat him!!!!

Kray...Yes...I remember now!!! BTW...howz life with u man? Which part of the world are u in now? :)

Golu said...

a) yes they are not my girlfriends
b) i may be smooth talking, BUT
c) I did pay for both of them :D


aight then!!!!

kray said...

same shit different sea :) not doing too badly tho.. terrible weather, so extremely lukhha :P ...offshore western Aussie

Hitchcock said...

LOL at golu... worssht fellow...
orrei roboy...kab hai re tera graduation kaaliya? am watching 4 movies a day man.. total bewarse..make a trip to chic na sometime...!

Lulu said...

I like the video...

Roman said...

Golu...
a) C
b) K
c) D

:D

Kray...Cool, Aussie and all! Maybe you were destined to be a pirate like Captain Jack Sparrow. Only his desi version. :)

Anurag...Will do dude....will do! Let my life fall into place!

Lulu...Heeey...Welcome! :)
Thank You!
If you pre-order my 'collection of videos' DVD ull get to see some never-before-seen footage of us breaking the guitars and stuff :P

Golu said...

sro u shud have added an option (d) all of the above. Ok I choose (C) I am deewana :D and u are (A) choot :D

damn! sometimes my humour really amazes me :D

Ren said...

Keira seemed to me a little skinny on a magazine cover lately... Perhaps I should feed her some Mexican? And Mexican food, too?

Roman said...

Yeah...I think Ive seen that one! She is getting skinnier by the day! I hate it when anorexia screws with my dream girls :P

Ren said...

It's not like I haven't banged a skinny chick.

Anonymous said...

Oh finally!

Roman, I am not so hip on this blogging thing, but it took me a minute to find where I leave a comment...

anyhoo...moving on...Thank you for reaching out,
this whole thing has been a lot of fun and I appreciate Joe being fair enough to let me join in...and I actually have a lot of love and respect for Miss Kittenspawn, despite our past history (;

So here I am saying hello, I wish I could serenade you with Lional Ritchie's "Hello" in the background...it would have been very appropriate! (:

Roman said...

Hello Layla...
Thanks for taking the effort stopping by! Im not even sure if ull come back and read this but what the hell...it's worth a shot!
Regarding the whole discussion/argument over at Joe's... All I can say is if there's someone u'd expect to be fair and extremely level-headed...its got to be Joe. Things like these normally tend to mess with one's peace of mind and I hope everyone and everythings cool now!

You want to serenade me with Lionel Richie's "Hello"!!!!
As if I am not kicked enuff already...now you are just messing with my mind Layla!! Not cool ...unless u mean it! ;)

------------
For the rest of people reading this...Layla Kayleigh is a celebrity who has just commented on my blog...I repeat...
Layla Kayleigh is a CELEBRITY who commented on MY BLOG. Take that u suckers...MOOHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok...so i begged her to come over here and say hi...but what the heck...who said it had to be fair???

Anonymous said...

Keep it in your pants, Ro. You're going to scare her away. ;)

Hitchcock said...

is she actually layla..or are u doing a malini yourself ro????

Golu said...

No Anurag :D sometimes Ro does get it right :) Well Id put it this way. The chances of the post being made by the actual Layla are quite high :)

Anonymous said...

anurag...listen to golu...he's smart when it comes to knowing the truth! :P

Anonymous said...

Joe...I think i scared her away! :(