Monday, July 25, 2005

Pottermania (Updated)

Update being:
This link to a video of a guy who goes to a bunch of people waiting outside a bookstore and shouts out the Harry Potter ending! The reaction of the last lady is hilarious!
Warning: If u choose to see this video obviously itll ruin the ending for you too!

I couldnt resist posting atleast something about Book 6: "The Half Blood Prince". I stole a pirated e-version of the book from someone else's comp (which I guess makes me twice removed from the act buying an authentic copy of the book) and finished it in just about 2 days. Just like most of the previous 5 books, this one too is unputdownable. Still, from an overall point of view I thought it was a little absurd at some places. Those of you who intend to read it...need not worry because Im not sadistic enough to reveal anything (unlike my sister)!
Since this is the penultimate book, I can be sure that they are a million people out there trying to guess how its going to end. Of course, I have my own theories. So if anyone is enthu enough to discuss this mail me!
Another thing abt the Harry Potter books is that they are being released with too much gap in between them (Book 5 had come out in 2003). Whether this is intentional or unavoidable I do not know but it makes it very difficult to fully appreciate the new books. I hardly remembered what 5 was about until I was well into book 6. And they say that the final one is going to come out in 2007. I can imagine how tough itll be if the final book includes subtle fundaes from all the previous ones.

On a different note, have u ever had that wonderful feeling of ecstacy when as a kid you would go through the pain of waking up early in the morning, getting ready and making your way to school only to joyfully find out school's been shut for the day. I got that feeling today when I found out that my weekly research meeting has been cancelled. So I used the time to do something Ive been wanting to for a long time, Upload some new pics onto my yahoo a/c. Enthu people go here and see the ALL NEW albums.
Adios dawgs!

9 comments:

Golu said...

lol :d I saw the video..even though i havent started reading the book :d...but it was an amazing ending to the video :D

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ Ro, IMHO the book sucked like a giant vaccum cleaner.There was an increase in the quality of the books till the prisoner of azkaban, where it hit a peak and its been all downhill from there. The chapters in this book were hurried, the writing hashed, the scenarios cliched, and the climax b-grade bollywoodish (but hey thats just my opi... )

Anonymous said...

hmmm...well yeah I do agree that the chapters were a bit hurried but I thought that was fine...and Im sure J.K.Rowling doesnt watch too many B-grade Bollywood movies, maybe Hollywood cuz dont u think the ending was lifted straight out of Spiderman 1??? :D

Anonymous said...

ok.. basically we all are sick and tired of Voldemort the big snake bastard... What a lame story...you know what his problem was.. he had a DEPRIVED CHILDHOOD. Ooooh im so evil becoz i didnt get enuff love as a child. and dumbledore ko santa claus banaa diya... harry, u r better than all the mean kids becoz u love... i mean come on...cud the writing get any worse? any guesses how the 7th book will turn up?

Anonymous said...

" harry, u r better than all the mean kids becoz u love"

lol shirni...yeah I found this pretty lame too...but then again so does harry ;)

Anonymous said...

"any guesses how the 7th book will turn up? "

Yeah loads...lets see how many I can recall now...

1)Harry and Ginny get together ... maybe JKR decides to kill Ginny and Harry in a fit of rage and no one left to 'love' ;) ends up finally killing voldemort!

2)Ron and Hermione hook up obly...Hermione is hotttttttttttt btw!

3)Dumbledore comes back...I mean did u notice the way how everyone talks abt dumbledore's death...as if someone had to die and ohh its sad it had to be dumbledore...i mean he was the reason hogwarts was safe...there has got to be more reaction! I'd like to think JKR subconsciously wrote that way cuz she knows the big D is going to be back!

5) Snape is actually nice but everyone finds out only after he is dead. Snape has to die whether he is good or bad. He is way too involved in both sides and such people dying evokes a good response.

6) what the fuck happened to Dumbledores left hand...there has gotto be more explanation than "it was hurt while trying to retrieve a (the soul putting thing)" who is the guy who leaves that note in the middle of the lake... it has to be snape or dumbledore himself.

BTW I realized very late that Freddie 'drummer' in School of Rock is the guy who plays Draco Malfoy!

4)

Anonymous said...

ohhh btw that above post was from my computer and I typed it!

Shrini said...

another thing i found infurating was that harry and ginny went from fantasizing and moaning to public tongue gymnastics in 3 seconds and hermione and ron didnt even get a "snog"... bad JKR!!! bad bad...
7th book.... Hermione gets drunk and bumps uglies with harry. Now she's pregnant and doesn't know who the father is. Meanwhile Dumbledore isn't dead.. he has just gone to muggle world where he is acting in some muggle movie about a Ring and hobbits or something.(He is happy that he doesn't have to shave of his beard) and Lord Voldemort meets Renta who immediately cracks the name anagram funda of "tom marvolo riddle" and starts whimpering like a little girl. and Jlo who is experiencing PMS mistakes this for anaconda sequel and kills tha bastard. Hermione's child is called "He whose father shall not be named" end of story

Anonymous said...

LOL shrini!
Dragons rulz :)